Did you think you had to give up french toast after becoming keto? Good news! We have a keto-friendly French Toast Casserole recipe that will hit all the right spots and satisfy your cravings! Eggs, cream cheese, almond milk - all keto-friendly ingredients! that will still help you lose weight and improve your body, heart and brain health. Perfect for brunch or whenever you’re craving something a little sweet!
Why French Toast Casserole
Regular french toast is not Keto! Regular french toast is made with bread or brioche, which means that it is full of sugar and carbs. With the ‘Low Carbs, High Fats’ principle of Keto diet, French Toast Casserole is a good replacement for French Toast. You can even add any keto-friendly food you like to the casserole, like berries and nuts! Pair with a nice hot mug of Wakey Wakey morning detox tea to help boost your energy!
- 6 slices keto-friendly bread (e.g. Sourdough Bread or Cloud Bread)
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz softened cream cheese
- 70g erythritol sweetener or other low carb powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Place the bread and add cheese cream on top of the dish.
- Mix the milk, eggs, sweetener, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Cover the dish and place it in the fridge for more than 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F, bake in the mixture without the cover for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the powdered sweetener over the casserole.
- You can keep the casserole in the refrigerator for more than 3 days, but the texture of the dish may get affected.
- You are welcome to add fruits to the casserole, and we highly recommend blueberries.