It’s National Ice Cream day! Love eating ice cream, but afraid of weight gain? Try making this easy keto ice cream recipe that’s low in calories, low in sugar and won’t cause bloating. Cookies and cream ice cream has always been our favorite ice cream flavor. Enjoying this healthier, yummy ice cream in the hot summer weather as a little treat!
What is Keto Ice Cream
Keto ice cream is a low-carb version of ice cream. With a keto diet, you should only intake 20-50 grams of carbs every day. Keto ice cream is sugar-free or using some keto sweetener.
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup erythritol
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a parchment paper and set it aside.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, erythritol, and salt into a bowl and mix them until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and coconut oil to the mixture and whisk it to combine.
- Put the egg into the mixture and blend until the cookie batter is well incorporated to form a ball.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet and press out thinly with fingers until it evenly covers the pan.
- Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- After baking, remove it from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Once it has cooled, break the cookie into small pieces.
- For the ice cream, blend the whipping cream in a big bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and erythritol into the mixture and whip it until thoroughly combined and re-thickens.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. Gradually pour the cookie mixture in while the ice cream maker is churning.
- Serve and enjoy!